Thursday 3 May 2012

No this is AR Reality, not our reality.

So today I will be teaching students how to design applications using Augmented Reality, a crazy idea I know, but I think they will cope with it rather well. I had never done any AR projects before and I have a policy that if I don't know how to do it, I will either learn how to do it first or explain to the students that we will be learning together. Although last night I managed to complete several proof-of-concept applications using AR, I still think I will be learning a great deal with the students.


I have twelve students I have never met, A presentation on AR, I have three ideas we could use as a starting point and I have a lot of enthusiasm for the project, I think that is all I need. It has already been a learning experience for me i.e. last night I learned about QRCodes here is mine for my website. Again this is a project I couldn't have done with my old laptop, it just wouldn't have been able to cope with it. I am excited and I will blog later about how we adapt the ideas I have into applications using the students designs.

I will be using QR Codes instead of AR markers (which are fairly similar) for the project that way we can that way we can cover more areas in the sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment