Wednesday 14 March 2012

"Red Token" Tangible Music Interface


Here is a simple tangible musical interface programmed in Processing, using a webcam and some gaming chips. The sounds are made from samples I made on a BBC Micro, you can get them from my website at here. I have always been a fan of of "I eat beats" and "Beat Machine" and many more interfaces that can be found here and even though this is very similar to a lot of them, it was a good experience and good fun to make. Loads of people make chocolate cake and it's still pretty good. It was nice to go from simply detecting colour the other night to doing something with that colour in only a few hours in total. "Red Token" was a simple proof of concept for a much larger project that will be developed over time. Today my Mac has been justified.

No comments:

Post a Comment